Born in Idagunji, Karnataka – a state of India; Ganesh Bhat’s passion to art saw him exploring in Indian classical music, sculptures and travel across the globe promoting Indian art for the past 18+ years. He was trained under Guru-Shishya parampara.
His Gurus are Eminent Sculptor, National Awardees Late Sri D, Vadiraj at Bangalore (1984-93), State Awardees Sculptor Late Sri K.G, Shanthappa Gudigar at Sagara (1980-84), and further guidance from Prof. S.K. Ramachandra Rao and others of Shilpakala Prathishtana.
Worked as a Master Sculptor with KPJ Prabhu Artisan’s Training Center, Jogaradoddi, Bidadi, district for 18 years, (1991-2009)
- Trained more than 600 rural youth as artisans and in UK
- 30 years of traditional sculpting
- Member – Bangalore University Examination Board 2003- 2007.
- Government Of Karnataka – State Award 1993
- Mysore Dasara Award 1993
- Shilpa Shree Award 1995
- Awarded with many certificates from various centers & associations.
Dr. N. S. Ashok
Dr. N.S. Ashok Kumar, Professor, Department of Studies in Electronic Media, Bangalore University, has a Ph.D. in Television Studies. He was awarded Fulbright Fellowship from Boston University, USA, to do his Masters in Television Production. He was the first person to be awarded Fulbright Fellowship in the field of Communication from Karnataka.
His area of specialization is in Television Production and Radio Broadcasting. He has taken up one major project from MHRD, New Delhi, on e-learning. He has published several research articles in different Journals of national and International repute and has more than 800 articles on television and radio Programming for different newspapers and magazines.
He has delivered nearly 70 hours of radio lecture for Jnana Vani, IGNOU Educational Channel,and several Educational Documentaries for UGC’s Countrywide Classroom Programme and several popular documentaries for Bangalore Doordarshan Kendra.
He was the first person in the country to establish a new programme in Television Production in the field of Broadcast Media at Bangalore University known as M.Sc. in Electronic Media. This Course has been recognized by the UGC as a pioneering work by him in the field of Broadcast Media Education in the country. Today, nearly 37 Universities have started this Course in the country.
He has authored several books both in Kannada and English in the field of Electronic Media and Communication. He was a regular columnist and was writing columns for Vijaya Karnataka daily newspaper on television programmes.
P. Sheshadri is an Indian film maker, specifically associated with Kannada feature films. He has made ten Kannada feature films and eight of them have won the prestigious National Film Awards.
He is the first Indian filmmaker to win eight consecutive National Film Awards. He holds a Master’s degree in Kannada Literature and a Diploma in Journalism. After a short stint as a journalist, he entered the world of films and television in early nineties.
P. Sheshadri’s maiden film ‘Munnudi’ – ‘Foreword’ (2000) – is based on a short story depicts the intentional misinterpretation of scriptures by patriarchy to suit its convenience, rendering the lives of women miserable. The film has brought him great applause for his sensitive approach to cinema and was also hailed as a landmark film. Along with this, the nine other feature films he has made deal with issues of social concern that have contemporary relevance and universal appeal.
- His second feature film ‘Atithi’ – ‘The Guest’ (2001) – deals with the effects of terrorism on a common man.
- ‘Beru’ (2004) – ‘The Root’ – is a visual depiction of the life of a folk singer; the film also deals with deep-rooted corruption in society.
- ‘Thutturi’ – ‘The Bugle’ (2005) – is a children’s film that portrays the loss of the joys of childhood in the rat race for success. It also depicts how urbanization is affecting the lives of children in the present.
- ‘Vimukthi’ – ‘Liberation’ (2008) – deals with Electra complex and the significance attached to dying in Varanasi for attaining salvation.
- ‘Bettada Jeeva’– ‘Life on the Mountains’ (2010) – based on a novel penned by Jnanapeeth Awardee Dr K. Shivarama Karanth is a tribute to the zest for life of an aged couple and upholds value systems and deep bonds of human relationships.
- ‘Bharath Stores’ (2012) is a comment on the impact of major economic phenomena like FDI and LPG on India, specifically the local economy.
- ‘December 1’ – (2013) is a satire on the nature of electoral politics which treats the suffering of the poor as an opportunity to shore up its image, and the role of the media in sensationalizing issues.
- ‘Vidaaya’ – ‘Farewell’ (2014) – brings varied opinions on euthanasia in the Indian context to the fore.
- ‘Beti’– ‘A Girl Child’ (2016) – is a reflection on the social evil of preferring a male child over a girl. It stresses the need for a liberal interpretation of scriptures with the awareness that social phenomena are common across communities.
In addition to feature films, P. Seshadri has spearheaded documentaries on various contemporary issues and many television serials.
- 10th Aravindan Puraskaram | Year 2000 | Best Debut Director – Film MUNNUDI
- National Film Awards | Year 2001|Best film on Social Issues – MUNNUDI
- Karnataka State Film Awards | Year 2000-1 | Best film on Social concern – MUNNUDI
- National Film Awards | Year 2002 | Best Regional Film In Kannada Language – ATITHI
- National Film Awards | Year 2005 |Best Regional Film in Kannada – BERU
- Karnataka State Film Awards | Year 2004 |Second Best film – BERU
- National Film Awards | Year 2006 |Best Film on Environment Preservation THUTTURI
- Karnataka State Film Awards | Year 2005 |Best Children film – THUTTURI
- International Award | Year 2006 | Best Audience Award – Dhaka Film Festival –THUTTURI
- International Award | Year 2006 |`Earth Vision’ Award –Tokyo Film Festival- THUTTURI
- National Film Awards | Year 2008 | Best Regional Film in Kannada – VIMUKTHI
- National Film Awards | Year 2010 | Best Film on Environment – BETTADA JEEVA
- National Film Awards | Year 2012 | Best Film in Kannada – BHARATH STORES
- National Film Awards | Year 2013 | Best Film in Kannada Language – DECEMBER-1
- National Film Awards | Year 2013 | Best Screenplay – DECEMBER-1
- International Award | Year 2014 | NETPAC Jury Award @ 7th BIFFES – DECEMBER-1
- Karnataka State Film Awards | Year 2015 | Best Screenplay – DECEMBER-1
- International Award | Year 2008 | Best Kannada film @ 8th BIFFES – VIDAAYA
The films made by P. Sheshadri have been screened in various National and International Film Festivals and have won acclaim from critics and film buffs.
Basawaraj Musavalgi, is a humble, down to earth artist and a man of high values. He is currently dean of CAVA, Mysore. He has completed his M. A. (Fine) GRAPHIC ARTS from M.S. University, Baroda.
- Karnataka State Lalithkala Academy scholarship of Higher Study from 1981-84
- 19th Karnataka State Lalitkala Academy Exhibition of Art, Bangalore – 1987.
- Junior fellowship Dept. of Culture, Human Resource Development Govt. of India 96-98
- New millennium exhibition of Art organised by AIFACS, New Delhi – 2000. Karnataka State Level Award.
- Karnataka State level Art exhibition organized by Gulbarga University “Silver Jubilee Celebration- 2004”
- Silver prize-All India Art competition & Exhibition organized by Agnipath, New Delhi-05
- World Photography Day-2013 & 2014 State Level Photography Competition organized by The Ideal Fine Art Society Gulbarga-19 August 2013 & 2014
- Karnataka Lailtkala Academy, Bengaluru- “Life time achievement award-2014”at Ravindra Kala Kshetra, Bengaluru-25-11-2014
Ganesh Manickavasagam has done his masters in Electrical Engineering from IIS and has worked in some of the top MNCs including TCS, Technauts, Centaur Networks, EMC to name a few.
He currently heads Claystation, a venture that keeps our past tradition and culture alive. Claystation is creating waves in the Art Industry because of its uniqueness.
Modern Pottery equipments, clay art classes finds importance in claystation and a variety of artists are engaged creating unique products. Innovating clay merchandise from Clay station is something that has found its way to big MNCs and Ganesh is planning for a greater expansion in time to come.
Siva Ram Mallela is a Chartered Accountant by qualification, and is one of the founders of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI), which is today one of the largest higher education providers in India.
Mr. Siva Ram’s expertise is in establishment of universities and building institutions of excellence. He maintains excellent relationships with the government and regulatory bodies at the Central Government level and in several states in India.
30 years of experience : Higher Education Development, Government and Institutional Relationships, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Architecting IT and Business solutions, International Marketing & Financing.
Prof. K S. Appajaiah
K S Appajaiah a traditional artist and a fine arts graduate from Hunsur, Karnataka has many feathers to his cap. He has worked a an active member for BOS & BOE at Mysore, Gulbarga and Hampi University.
He has won numerous awards including Lalit Kala Academy Award, Mysore Dasara award. Appajaiah has also conducted solo exhibitions and is currently working as principal in Chitra Kala Parisath Bangalore.
He has also been a jury member for Karnataka Lalit Kala Academy Award.
- 1983: Award honored to young artists by State LKA
- 1983: Mysore Dasara Award
- 1984- 85: Graphic Art study at Garhi studio, New Delhi
- 1993-94, 2001-02 & 2004-05: Chief Superintendent
- 1993-94 & 1995-96, 2002-03 & 2004-05: Chairman for BOS
- 1991-92: Chairman for BOE
Cheten is a humble artist who has progressed in life due to the love for craft, sheer hard-work, great mentors, guides and being blessed with the right opportunities at the right time.
Cheten started out as a modeler and texture artist at Maya entertainment Ltd. and from thereafter a couple of years later, moved on to being a character texturing lead at Pixion Ltd.
He joined Dreamworks Dedicated Unit, India, in the year 2010 as a surfacer and after having proved himself in movies like Puss in Boots and DVD features like Scared Shrekless, and was asked to lead surfacing team for two successful movies, penguins of Madagascar and Trolls. Cheten finally ended his association with DDU , as the Head of Department Of Surfacing, in Dec 2016 and he continues to hold that position at his current place of work, Mikros Animation, India.
His area of specialization is Surfacing, although he is equally confident as a modeler too. Apart from his passion towards work, his other areas of interest are Sketching, digital painting and photography.
His biggest achievement, in a short career span, till now, has been, assuming the position of the Youngest Head Of Department at Dreamworks Animation.