You should ask a client specific questions before beginning the logo design or any design process to ensure good, clear communication. It may seem like a long list, but it helps you know your client’s needs and expectations.
Logo Design Tips
1. About Business
- What is the name of your business?
- Why do you want a new logo?
- Who are your main competitors, and how do you differ from them ?
- What do you like or dislike about your competitor’s branding ?
- Who are your potential clients ?
3. About Logo
- Do you have a specific idea in mind for your logo ?
- Are there any colours that you do not want to use ?
- Do you have a particular font you would like to use ?
- Does your logo have a tagline ?
- What logos do you like and why ?
3. The Practical Bits!
- When do you want your logo to be web / print-ready ?
- What is your Budget ?